Sunday, June 3, 2012

9 the movie has got to be one of the strangest post apocalyptic movies I have ever seen.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472033/

I'm not quite sure what I was expecting when I rented this movie.  I had heard good things when I and I knew that Tim Burton was attached to this so I had to watch it.

The theme of the movie is that technology can destroy us as a race.  Being a tech guy I can sometimes see how technology can be a bad thing.  As you watch the movie you find out that we created technology that turned on us.  This is nothing new as far as story lines go (Matrix, Terminator) however this is a very new take on the concept.

I can't really talk more about the plot without giving away some of the great secrets of the movie.  It is dark and a bit on the depressing side but in the end it really makes you think about what it is to be human.

There are some really great voice actors in this film and it has some really great cinematic moments.  There is a scene near the end when there is a celebration then they find out that the danger isn't really over yet.  The way they transition this part with the music as well as the pictures is brilliant.

Even though it is dark and a bit depressing I would still highly recommend it.

I give this movie four out of five smiley Mike heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any useful comments right here. Non-useful comments will be deleted and I will slander your name all across the Internet.